Aegean Virtual Airlines main purpose is:
To simulate the real operations of the real Aegean Airlines ® by performing scheduled,
as well as charter flights by using its real fleet as well as other high quality freeware & payware addons,
created for Microsoft ™ Flight Simulator and Laminar Research ™ X-Plane.
- To create new routes and schedules
- Fly fictional flights by using light twin-engine aircraft, turboprops, and short/medium haul airliners,
to fly within the Hellenic virtual FIR, to the neibghouring Balkans, to Europe, and other continents by using long haul airliners to fly... everywhere!
- To perform charter flights
- To perform cargo flights
- To perform humanitarian & MedEvac flights
- To create tours and group flights
- To create branch companies, in order to give pilots the ability to use more than one callsign for their flights, and not only Aegean Virtual (AEE) callsign.
- The organization of educational training sessions for members of the virtual airline on topics (e.g. navigation, radio communications, meteorology, etc.)
- The training of its members, on realistic, high quality addons; aircraft types (e.g. A320, B737, B747, B777 MD82 etc.)
For PiReps (Pilot Reports) submittion we have adopted the use of four (4) different systems:
- The normal submittion system, through the Crew Lounge, that requires all data to be entered and submitted by each pilot.
- The automated submittion system, requiring the use of the freeware application XAcars.
- The automated submittion system, requiring the use of the payware application FSPassengers.
- The automated submittion system, requiring the use of the payware application FS Flight Keeper.
Moreover Aegean Virtual Airlines uses FSAirlines, which simulates the financial model of our company and gives to pilots the opportunity to use vAPL (virtual Advanced Pilot License).
vAPL grants to pilots the ability to be promoted to higher ranks without the requirement for a written test.
vAPL consists of three (3) levels:
- LEVEL 1: 80 FSAirlines certified flights with an overall flight rating of 95%+
- LEVEL 2: 60 FSAirlines certified flights & 2 certified flights to European events with an overall flight rating of 95%+
- LEVEL 3: 40 FSAirlines certified flights & 2 certified flights to USA events with an overall flight rating of 95%+
In addition, Aegean Virtual Airlines has affiliated its members' ranks with HvACC's
Succesfull completion of A & B Checkrides lead to an automatic promotion to the rank of "Captain" or "Senior Captain" in respect to the rank
currently owned by each pilot, while succesfull completion of all three (3) checkrides (A, B & C) lead to a promotion to the highest available rank of "Senior Commercial Captain"!
Similarly, for those who are registered with an IVAO ID in our company and have successfuly completed a PP checkride of IVAO, will receive the rank of captain, holders of SPP will receive
the rank of Senior Captain, while holders of CP will receive the rank of Senior Commercial Captain.